Scholarships & Awards
Scholarship application period opens Feb. 7, 2022 and closes March 31, 2022
The Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage scholarship program recognizes scholastic achievement, participation in cross-country skiing, and community service. Individual awards provided up to $1,500 toward educational expenses at an accredited college or university to Alaskan residents who are graduating high school seniors.
NSAA has proudly awarded college scholarships to Anchorage high school skiers for 29 years.
- NSAA membership for the current and preceding ski season. Contact the NSAA office to verify your membership status before applying. Please note: Chugiak – Eagle River Nordic Ski Club, Cross Country Alaska, and NSAA are separate organizations.
- Member of a high school cross-country ski team in the applicant’s junior and senior years.
- Resident of the state of Alaska.
- 2022 graduating high school senior in the Municipality of Anchorage.
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Enrollment for a minimum of 8 semester hours of coursework during the semester in which the scholarship is recorded.
- Family members of NSAA Board members and/or scholarship selection committee members are ineligible for consideration.
- Academic performance.
- Participation in cross-country skiing activities.
- Community service performed while in high school.
- Essay (500-word maximum) on the “benefits you have received from skiing.”
- Volunteer service to the NSAA and the Nordic skiing community by the applicant and/or his/her family.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from 1) a teacher or counselor and 2) a ski coach.
Important: Successful applicants must submit their college or university student ID number and program information by June 30, 2022 to NSAA before their award can be disbursed. Please contact NSAA if you cannot send in the information by this date.
Questions or comments about the NSAA Scholarships Program?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 907-276-7609
2022 NSAA Scholarship Awardees
Congratulations to the 2022 NSAA Scholarship Awardees! We are proud of their accomplishments and look forward to hearing about their adventures.
|Neena Brubaker||Natalie Hood||Sophia Mayers||Lilly Pannkuk||Eli Stierwalt|
Other Scholarships Available:
Thomas K. Besh Memorial Scholarship Fund: Applications are due April 15 each year. Click here for the application.
NSAA Scholarships Recipients
Celia Haering (Alaska Pacific University)
Sarissa Lammers (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
Kayla Rowe (Whitworth University)
Seiji Takagi (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
Jacob Volz (Middlebury College)
Quinlyn-Skye Wika (Gonzaga University)
Ann Spencer (Middlebury College)
Garth Schultz (APU)
Celia Haering (Montana State)
Marion Woods (University of Vermont)
Erin Baker (APU)
Otto Gilbert (UAA)
Freya Hately (APU)
Thomas Ohara (Service)