35th Annual Tour of Anchorage
Sunday, March 5, 2023
Stay tuned for more info!
The Tour of Anchorage is one of the few point-to-point cross-country ski marathons in North America and may be the only one that crosses through an urban environment! There are 6 ski events of 25, 40 and 50 kilometers in both Freestyle and Classic techniques. The 3 Fat Bike events use the same 3 courses later in the afternoon. In each race, participants range from competitive elite athletes to recreational skiers just challenging themselves to get to the finish line.
The 40k and 50k start on the Anchorage Hillside and traverse the city along ski and multi-use trails. Tunnels, bridges and greenbelts make it possible to ski from one side of town to the other without crossing a single road. The 25k races start in midtown (Alaska Pacific University) and tie into the 50 and 40k courses. All races finish at the ski stadium of Kincaid Park on the western edge of the city overlooking Cook Inlet.
Note: Some of the maps below will be revised to include the Kincaid stadium finish location and aid station locations for 2022 (once they are determined).
As long as snow depths and conditions allow, classic tracks will be set for the entire 50-kilometer course (except in a few short sections).
Race Officials reserve the right to alter the course due to safety concerns or weather conditions.
25K Start – Alaska Pacific University (APU)
40K & 50K Start – Service High School
Ski Course Sections – Detailed
Fat Bike Course Sections – Detailed
|Download Tour of Anchorage Overview Ski Map – PDF||Download Tour of Anchorage Overview Fat Bike Map – PDF|
- Helmets are required.
- A minimum tire width of 3.7 inches is required. There is no maximum or minimum tire pressure. Adjust PSI appropriate for the trail conditions.
- A noisemaker such as a bell to alert other trail users of your approach is required.
- Pass skiers and other trail users in single file whenever possible.
- Avoid riding in the classic ski tracks.
- The winner is determined by the first front wheel to cross the finish line.
- Be equipped with lights if there is a chance you will finish in the dark.
There is only one division: Open.
Awards will be given for Top 3 overall, plus winners of the following age groups: 17 & under, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79
- 50K: Cash Prizes for Top 3 men and women overall ($250 for 1st, $150 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd) and an award for each group winner (Top 3 not eligible for age group awards).
- 40K: Awards for Top 3 (no cash) and an award for each group winner (Top 3 not eligible for age group awards).
- 25K: Awards for Top 3 (no cash) and an award for each group winner (Top 3 not eligible for age group awards).
- Tour Double: 50K ski/25K bike: $150 for male and female with fastest combined times; medals for all who complete a ski/bike double.
Tour of Anchorage racers should realistically assess their fitness and abilities before signing up for the 50K/50K Tour Double
Finish these combinations of 1 ski race AND 1 bike race back-to-back and receive a special award — plus a reduced entry fee!
By selecting the Tour Double option in online registration. Doublers will pay full price for the first race but just $50 for the second. If you decide to double your races after having signed up for just one event, simply email NSAA at firstname.lastname@example.org to add the second event.
Before signing up, Doublers should be sure they are physically capable of finishing both events and have enough time (and their reliable transportation) to get from Kincaid back to Service HS or APU for their bike start. Because the 25 K ski race starts later at 11:00am and the 50 K Fat Bike starts earlier at 2:00pm, this combination makes for the tightest schedule.
Tour of Anchorage
Online store is under construction. Please check back later!
Thank You to Our Generous 2022 Sponsors!
Please join us in thanking and supporting our 2022 Tour of Anchorage sponsors listed below. This quality event is made possible by their generous support.
Interested in becoming a 2022 sponsor? There are many levels and ways to support the event and the mission. Click here to review sponsorship opportunities and levels, we would be honored if you join our team! If you have questions, feel free to email Tyler at email@example.com.
Thank you to Anchorage Nordic Ski Patrol for support on the trail!
Learn more about the Anchorage Nordic Ski Patrol at: https://www.anchoragenordic.com.
Questions or comments about the Tour of Anchorage?
|Race Director||Tyler Heneganfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Registration (Pre-Race)||Heather Lilleremail@example.com|
|Race & Course||Tyler Heneganfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Registration Changes||Bob Stehnemail@example.com|